NeurIPS Meetup Port Harcourt 2019
NeurIPS Meetup Port Harcourt 2019. NeurIPS acronym for Neural Information Processing Systems is a non-profit corporation whose purpose is to foster the exchange of research on neural information processing systems in their biological, technological, mathematical, and theoretical aspects (source: NeurIPS | About Us https://nips.cc/About).
Event hashtag: #NeurIPS2019
The NeurIPS Foundation’s primary focus is to ensure the continuous series of NeurIPS Conferences and Workshops held every December at different locations worldwide.
The NeurIPS conference and workshops is a machine learning and computational neuroscience conference.
- Host: Port Harcourt School of AI ( Twitter: @phschoolofai, Email : email@example.com )
- Venues: (1) Smart Hub and (2) Hub 10s
- Date: 13th & 14th December
- Registration Link: http://bit.ly/NPS2019PH
- SmartHub, Beside Sports Hostel/NUH Hostel, Abuja Campus, University of Port Harcourt. Map Link. (+234 816 533 5988)
- Hub 10, No 5 Chief Ehule Lane, Off Ada-George Road, 500272, Port Harcourt. Map Link. (+234 815 710 8585)
Activites to Expect
- Live streaming of talks and watch-party from NeurIPS
- Learn through local workshops on the latest machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Have interactive sessions with researchers both through remote talks and on-site talks
- Learn new technologies and tools that developers, engineers, researchers are using in AI research, application, and development.
- Meet and network
Reference Documentations for NeurIPS 2019
You will find below links to the reference documentations ( i.e. presentations, videos, PDF and pictures) that was used for the NeurIPS 2019 Meetup Event in Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- NeurIPS Meetup Port Harcourt 2019 – Day 1 & 2 Files – Google Drive
- Visual Note by Robert Lange – s01
- 70-page detailed NeurIPS 2019 event summary by David Abel – s02
- Artificial Intelligence Classroom Behaviour Monitoring “AI Class Monitor” – accepted at the NeurIPS 2019 Black_in_AI (Video)
- Link to the NeruIPS Meet https://slideslive.com/neurips/up 2019 Livestream (Access live and recorded sessions).
- Phillip Obiorah (Importance of Scientific Research in Technology)
- Tonye Harry (Data Professions and Opportunities for Learners in Developing Countries)
- Rising Odegua (“Datasist”: A Python Library for Easy Data Analysis, Visualization and Modelling)
- Abimbola Olawale (An Overview of Cardiovascular Disease Infection Using Ensemble Voting Classifier)
- Boma George (The Intuition Behind Machine Learning Models) – Link to presentation
- Boma George (The Intuition Behind Machine Learning Models) – Link to notebook
Focus Areas of Interest for AI Research by Data Science Nigeria
- Mechanism Design
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Geospatial Data,
- Social Media
- Local Dataset Development.