Latest News and Top Stories – Africa
Get the latest news and top Stories for Nigeria and Africa. The news content is from major news agencies like CNN, BBC, Aljazeera and others. All the news information from different sources has been aggregated to give you (content consumers and content creators) a single dashboard for analysis of the major happenings in Africa and Nigeria. I hope you find it useful, enjoy it.
- Nigeria reports its first coronavirus-related death
- African airlines lose $4.4 billion in revenue following the spread of coronavirus on the continent
- Uganda bans public and religious gatherings for one month
- Nigeria bans entry for travelers from 13 countries as it announces five new cases of coronavirus
- African artists are creating catchy songs to promote awareness about coronavirus
- African countries shut doors against Europe, America to combat coronavirus
- Chinese billionaire Jack Ma donates masks, test kits to all countries in Africa
- Russian election meddling is back — via Ghana — and in your feeds
- Children displaced in the Boko Haram conflict are on a path to success thanks to a school prioritizing peace
- Rare white giraffes killed by poachers at Kenyan wildlife sanctuary
- Eliud Kipchoge’s self-isolation diary: ‘It’s really hard to train alone’
- Sierra Leone overturns ban on pregnant schoolgirls
- Coronavirus in Africa: How to do social distancing at work
- Message from president who led Ebola battle
- Coronavirus: The fears of a Kenyan domestic worker who can’t stay at home
- Coronavirus: Gebrselassie donates to Ethiopian fund
- Mali goes to the polls despite coronavirus fears
- Coronavirus: Zimbabwean broadcaster Zororo Makamba died ‘alone and scared’
- Coronavirus in Africa: Christians urged to worship from home
- Manu Dibango: The saxophone legend who inspired a disco groove
Google News Africa
- South African rand hits record low after debt downgrade – Financial Times
- Pandemic postpones Africa E&P – News for the Oil and Gas Sector – Energy Voice
- Coronavirus – Africa: Communique of the Bureau of the Assembly of the African Union (Au) Heads of State and Government Teleconference on Covid-19, Held on 26 March 2020 – Africanews English
- Coronavirus in Africa: 4,760 cases; 146 deaths, 335 recoveries – Africanews English
- South Africa Is About to Find Out the Cost of a Junk Downgrade – Bloomberg
- South Africa’s COVID-19 lockdown: cigarettes and outdoor exercise could ease the tension – The Conversation Africa
- Coronavirus: Nigerian tech startups step up to assist government – Quartz Africa
- Lockdown South Africa internet slows as submarine cable snaps – Quartz Africa
- Import costs into Lagos surpass Ghana, South Africa — Quartz Africa – Quartz Africa
- Sierra Leone overturns ban on pregnant schoolgirls – BBC News
Yahoo – Africa
- Italy’s New Virus Cases Decline And WHO Sees Progress
- Steve Mnuchin: $2 trillion rescue bill should get USA through 8-12 weeks of coronavirus outbreak
- No scandal here: Mexico president defends meeting mother of drug lord 'El Chapo'
- Coronavirus continues to take a high toll in Italy and Spain
- Fact check: will Covid-19 fade in the summer – then return later like the flu?
- AI tool predicts which coronavirus patients get deadly 'wet lung'
- Coronavirus: Why are planes still flying?
- Wuhan Residents Dismiss Official Coronavirus Death Toll: ‘The Incinerators Have Been Working Around the Clock’
- Most Americans in a new poll say they're touching their loved ones as much as they did before the coronavirus pandemic, and some are being even more intimate
- Police commander killed, 2 officers wounded in Phoenix shooting
- Africa: Keeping global food chains alive is crucial amid COVID-19 crisis
- Africa: Smarter, Innovative and Youth Driven
- Africa: Elections in the time of COVID-19 – What can West Africans do to prepare?
- Africa: Fill the Gaps, Feel the Pain: Insights from Sierra Leone on an Epidemic’s Impact on Local Taxation, Public Services, and the Poor
- Africa: Netflix Takes Steps to Handle African User Surge
- Africa: Can Health Systems Contain the COVID-19 Crisis?
- Africa: Ambassador Lin Songtian’s Recall Signals Shifts Ahead in China-Africa Relationship
- Africa: African Students Stuck in China: ‘Our Pleas Are Falling on Deaf Ears’
- Africa: African Economies Need Massive Support to Weather Coronavirus – Experts
- Africa: How Much U.S. is Giving African Countries To Fight COVID-19